Easy Baked Split Chicken Breast Recipe
Baked Split Chicken Breast is a classic and simple dish that is a staple in many households. Not only is it easy to make, but it is also a healthy and delicious option for dinner. This dish consists of split chicken breasts that are seasoned with spices, herbs, and other ingredients.
Then baked in the oven until they are tender and juicy. The versatility of this dish is what makes it a popular option, as you can customize it to your liking by adding different seasonings and sauces to suit your taste buds.
Whether you are a busy parent looking for a quick and healthy dinner, or a seasoned cook looking for a new recipe to try, this Baked Split Chicken Breast recipe is perfect for you. So, gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and let’s get started on this delicious and satisfying meal.
Baked Split Chicken Breast Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (split)
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Fresh herbs (optional), for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking dish with parchment paper or lightly grease with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dried basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place the split chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish. Rub the spice mixture over both sides of each chicken breast, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts and place the lemon wedges around the chicken in the dish.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Take the chicken out of the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with fresh herbs (optional) as a garnish.
Cook Time: 25 to 30 minutes
Read More – Warm This Delicious Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe
Yes, you can use fresh herbs instead of dried. Simply replace the dried basil and oregano with 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil and 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh oregano.
Yes, you can bake the chicken with the skin on, but it will take longer to cook and may not be as healthy as skinless chicken.
Yes, you can use other spices to your liking. Some popular options include rosemary, thyme, or a blend of herbs de Provence.
Leftover chicken will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, place the chicken in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until heated through.