Delicious Cinnamon Roll Recipe Guide
For a long time, perfect Cinnamon Rolls have been on my to-do list. I’m excited to share a foolproof recipe that is easy to make and will never disappoint. Whether you want a breakfast or dessert treat, this recipe will fit the bill.
I first tried Cinnamon Rolls at a small town bakery, and they were still warm and drizzled with a rich Cream Cheese Glaze. Most Cinnamon Roll recipes call for a thick, spreadable glaze, but I opted for a thinner version that dripped down the sides and melted into the hot rolls.
Cinnamon Roll Recipe:
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 5 1/2 – 6 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
For the Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp of heavy cream or milk
- In a large bowl, combine the warm milk and yeast. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until the yeast has activated and formed a foam.
- Add the sugar, melted butter, salt, beaten eggs, and half of the flour to the bowl with the yeast mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough comes together and is no longer sticky. Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes on a floured surface until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let it rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a separate bowl, mix the light brown sugar and cinnamon together to make the filling.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle on a floured surface. Spread the softened butter over the surface of the dough, leaving a small border around the edges. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the butter.
- Starting from the long side of the rectangle, roll the dough tightly into a log. Cut the log into 8-12 slices and place them in a greased baking dish.
- Bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes, or until they are lightly golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking, make the cream cheese glaze. In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, and enough heavy cream or milk to form a smooth glaze.
- Once the rolls are finished baking, let them cool for 5-10 minutes. Drizzle the cream cheese glaze over the rolls and serve warm.
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes + rising time
Enjoy your delicious, warm, and gooey Cinnamon Rolls!
Read More – Warm and Cozy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Yes, you can make the rolls ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Before baking, let the rolls come to room temperature and let them rise for an additional hour.
Yes, you can freeze the baked or unbaked rolls. To freeze baked rolls, let them cool completely and then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. To freeze unbaked rolls, place them in a baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze. Thaw the rolls overnight in the refrigerator and let them rise for 1 hour before baking.
Yes, you can use any type of glaze you like. A simple mixture of powdered sugar and milk or a caramel sauce would also work well as a glaze for Cinnamon Rolls.