Perfectly Delicious Egg Salad for Sandwiches Recipe
Egg salad is a classic dish that has been enjoyed for generations. It is typically made by combining boiled eggs with mayonnaise, mustard, and a variety of seasonings to create a creamy and flavorful spread. This spread is most commonly used as a filling for sandwiches.
As it provides a satisfying protein boost and a tangy contrast to the bread. Whether you’re a fan of traditional egg salad or like to add your own twist with additional ingredients like pickles or herbs, this dish is a quick and easy way to make a delicious sandwich that is perfect for lunch or a light dinner.
Egg Salad for Sandwiches Recipe
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover them by 1 inch. Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the eggs simmer for 9-12 minutes, or until the yolks are set but still moist.
- Remove the eggs from the heat and place them in a bowl of ice water to cool for 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and chop them into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, yellow mustard, white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chopped eggs, celery, red onion, and parsley (if using) to the bowl and stir until evenly combined.
- Taste the egg salad and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Spread the egg salad on your favorite type of bread and serve.
Read More – Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Recipe
Yes, you can use store-bought mayonnaise in this recipe.
The egg salad will last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days if stored in an airtight container.
Yes, you can add other ingredients to the egg salad, such as pickles, dill, or even bacon.
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free bread for the sandwich.
Enjoy your delicious egg salad sandwiches!