Delicious and Easy Garlic Chicken Rigatoni Recipe
Garlic Chicken Rigatoni is a classic Italian dish that is both flavorful and satisfying. With tender chicken breast, juicy cherry tomatoes, and al dente rigatoni pasta tossed in a creamy garlic sauce, this dish is sure to please both your taste buds and your hunger.
The garlic sauce, made with a blend of fresh garlic, heavy cream, and grated Parmesan cheese, adds a rich, comforting flavor to the dish, while the cherry tomatoes add a pop of sweet and tangy flavor.
This recipe is perfect for a special occasion, a cozy weeknight dinner, or as a comforting meal to enjoy with family and friends. Whether you’re an experienced cook or just starting out, this recipe is easy to follow and is sure to impress. So, gather your ingredients, put on your apron, and let’s start cooking up a storm with this delicious Garlic Chicken Rigatoni recipe!
Garlic Chicken Rigatoni Recipe:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the rigatoni pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the skillet and cook until they start to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring the sauce to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until melted and well combined.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the cooked rigatoni pasta to the skillet and toss everything together until the pasta is well coated with the sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add a little bit of the reserved pasta cooking water to thin it out.
- Serve the Garlic Chicken Rigatoni hot, garnished with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
Read More – Lemon Herb Chicken Recipe: A Flavorful and Healthy Meal
Yes, you can use any pasta shape you prefer for this recipe, such as fettuccine, penne, or ziti.
Yes, you can use canned tomatoes in place of fresh cherry tomatoes. However, fresh cherry tomatoes add a sweetness and tanginess that is hard to replicate with canned tomatoes.
Yes, you can use half-and-half in place of heavy cream, but keep in mind that the sauce will be slightly less rich and creamy.