Perfect Grilled Fish Steaks Recipe Every Time
Grilled fish steaks are a delicious and nutritious dish that are enjoyed by seafood lovers all over the world. They are a great alternative to traditional meat-based dishes and provide a light, refreshing taste that is perfect for a hot summer day or a quick weeknight dinner.
Grilled fish steaks are made by cooking a thick cut of fish on a hot grill, often marinated with herbs, spices, and other flavorings to enhance their taste. The high heat of the grill sears the outside of the steak, creating a crispy, caramelized exterior while keeping the inside tender and juicy.
This cooking method brings out the natural sweetness of the fish and creates a rich, hearty flavor that is both healthy and satisfying. Grilled fish steaks are an excellent source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and other essential nutrients that are important for maintaining a healthy diet. Whether you’re looking for a light lunch or a hearty dinner, grilled fish steaks are sure to satisfy.
Grilled Fish Steaks Recipe:
- 4 (6-ounce) fish steaks, such as salmon or halibut
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add the fish steaks to the bowl and turn to coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat. Lightly oil the grates.
- Remove the fish steaks from the marinade and shake off any excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Place the fish steaks on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve the grilled fish steaks hot with a lemon wedge and your favorite sides. Enjoy!
- The cook time for grilled fish steaks depends on the thickness of the steaks, but it typically takes 4 to 5 minutes per side to cook on a high heat grill or grill pan.
Firm-fleshed fish such as salmon, halibut, swordfish, and tuna are best for grilling as they hold their shape well and have a meaty texture that stands up well to high heat.
Yes, you can bake the fish steaks in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F and place the steaks in a baking dish. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.