Warm This Delicious Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe
Chicken soup is a staple comfort food in many households, enjoyed for its warm and soothing qualities on cold days or when feeling under the weather. Homemade chicken soup is a great way to enjoy the classic dish as it allows for customization and control over the ingredients.
It is a simple and affordable meal that can be made with ingredients often found in your pantry and refrigerator. A homemade chicken soup recipe is easy to follow and can be adjusted to suit individual preferences. Whether you prefer a brothy soup with tender chunks of chicken and vegetables, or a heartier soup with a thicker consistency.
This recipe can be adapted to your liking. With its nourishing and flavorful qualities, it’s no wonder why chicken soup is known as “Jewish penicillin”. So, whether you are feeling under the weather or simply looking for a delicious and filling meal, this homemade chicken soup recipe is sure to hit the spot.
Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large chicken breast (skinless and boneless)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 cups of chicken broth or water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Egg noodles or rice (optional)
- In a large pot, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the chicken breast, dried thyme, chicken broth or water, bay leaves, salt, and black pepper to the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken breast from the pot and let it cool slightly.
- Shred the chicken into small pieces and return it to the pot.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- If desired, add egg noodles or rice to the soup and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Serve hot and enjoy!
Cook time: 50-60 minutes
Read More – Delicious Air Fryer Ranch Chicken Bites Recipe
Yes, you can use chicken thighs, drumsticks or a whole chicken. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Yes, you can use fresh thyme. Use 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme instead of 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
Absolutely! You can add potatoes, corn, green beans, or any other vegetables you like.
Yes, you can freeze the soup for up to 2-3 months. Just make sure to cool the soup completely before transferring it to an airtight container.